Waterway View is Google Maps "Street View" imaging technology brought onto inland and coastal public waterways.
PlacesMobile Inc has been capturing and publishing "Street View" imagery for Google Maps since early 2012. This year the company launched "Waterway View" so that people using Google Maps can now have a look at the marine surroundings from a boat on the water.
Along with Waterway View images published on Google Maps, the company also builds companion mobile apps for each area covered. The app is available free to the public from the Google Play and Apple app stores, and also available as a mobile web app at www.waterwayview.us
Waterway View is built for the passengers on the boats to help them find, explore, get familiar with on-water and land-based places, such as:
- Local favorite spots like sandbars, parks, raft-ups, tiki bars
- Waterfront and inland restaurants
- Restrooms, free docks, picnic areas
- Marinas, fuel docks, bait, shops, and other supplies like drinks, ice, tackle
- Drawbridge locations and conditions
- Marine services (engine service, shipyards, parts and accessories, etc)
- Boat & Yacht Clubs and Brokers, sales, charters, and rentals
- Boat Shows and other regional events
- Fishing Charters, Excursions, Water Taxis
- Important up to date announcements and notices
Actual Waterway View imagery captured in Fort Lauderdale. Use your mouse or finger to interact
Fill out and submit the form below to learn more about having a "Promoted Display" in either Google Street View or the Waterway View Mobile App.